Oct 3, 2007

Aerial View of Camp AU

Through 1918, the campus was anything but academic. Abandoned barracks were coverted to kennels to house dogs used in toxicological research. Trenches and "bomb pits," used for exploding chemical shells filled with toxic materials, scarred the campus ... When the "occupation" ended, one "permanent" and 70 wooden buildings remained ... In the war's aftermath, the DC Fire Department burned most of the wooden structures. The buildings had been so impregnated by toxic ingredients that they were unsuitable for student use.
The Eagle ~ May 23, 1969

No comments:

Hit CountersFree Hit Counter